• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Quitdeed Legal for Living Trust?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CWS

What is the name of your state? CA
This year my husband & I created a Revocable Living Trust & Pour-Over-Will. We used a Quitclaim Deed to transfer our home into the trust. Today, I was told by someone who is creating a Trust here in CA. that this is not legal. I have searched online and can find nothing that says this method is not correct. Any insight?

tranquility

Like tecate, I always like to hear people's thoughts when they disagree with what I believe. Often it's because of something entirely different from what I think the issue is. So, what was the reason they gave beyond it being "not legal"?

Dandy Don

So why not take it to a trust attorney to make sure that your trust and pour over will have been done legally correctly? If you don't do that and there are problems with it after you are gone, the heirs will be left to clean up the mess.

CWS

Quitclaim deed legal for CA?

...By "someone" I mean a coworker with no legal expertise but who is in the process of funding a Living Trust...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">