• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Why me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

superink

Please try to understand this information, I an very upset and can not thin strait.
I was servered papers today from a company that used to be partners with my father. This company is sueing me for running an inter-net web site from my home but they are saying that I used there company time, company phones, company this, and company that. I ran this web site from my home, knowing that it will run 24/7 and is not in any way competing with the other company. My father and his 2 partners knew of this web site and I bought all my products from them. Since my father had a falling out with this company and my brother quit his job, which was with the other company and can to work for my father instead, I feel that this suit is just because of anger. Now, they are sueing my father for reasons and sueing me for $100,000.00 plus interest. I do not understand our legal process. I had a web site that sold ink to the public which they knew all about it. I feel like they are treating me like I was an owner.If I stolen $100.000.00 as a regular employee and they had substanal evidence wouldn't they have me arrested.
Knowing that I was just an employee is there any type of labor board that can help me because I did not take any products, especially $100.000.00, and I was just an employee of this company with NO contract, what I can do at home or just do during my free time is my live. Please if someone can help me it would relief a lot of stupid stress. I am from the state of Sunny California.

JETX

Though the claim of $100,000 seems very excessive, you quickly glossed over what the real claim is with probably irrelevant issues (father and brother etc.) The fact that you are CURRENTLY operating this site away from 'the company' and without company assets is irrelevant to their claim.

Your post says that the company is claiming that you "used there company time, company phones, company this, and company that.". Did you use ANY of the company assets (computer, phones, logo, customer lists, etc.) in creating or developing 'your' website???? If so, then at least some of their claim might be supported and you could be subject to a lawsuit.

Your post says that you were served "papers today from a company that used to be partners with my father". Were they from the company, from their lawyer or from a court?? If from the company or their lawyer, write them a letter explaining that you would like them to clarify their claims as to specifics (times, dates, faults, etc) so that you can consider their claim properly, do NOT make any statement of fact regarding your possible actions!!. However, if the 'papers' are from the court, you need to consult an attorney and file a response to the complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">