• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How to prove my roommate is intercepting my mail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mike11111_

How to prove my roommate is intercepting my mail?

I've proved to myself that my roommate intercepted my mail. I purposedly left the utility bill in the mailbox and the next day it was gone, and my roommate never gave it to me. But what can I do to legally prove it? Thanks.

[Edited by mike11111_ on 01-29-2001 at 11:44 PM]

JETX

First, by your missing mail from your box, it does not prove that your roommate is involved. Unless you have a private lockbox (like some apartments), I assume your mailbox is located in a public access location and it could have been taken by anyone passing by.

As for how to 'prove', you would probably need to arrange some type of surveillance on your mailbox (maybe a time camera) in or do absolutely prove what is happening.

My suggestions:
1) Have you asked him/her about the 'missing' utility bill?
2) You could file a complaint with the local Postal inspector.
3) Get a private mailbox and have your mail delivered there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">