• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Short term disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jac702

What is the name of your state? Nevada

I am currently on short term disabilty. I am planning to relocate to Florida.
Do I have to quit my job while I am on disablity if I relocate? Or can I continue to claim in Florida if the doctor says I am unable to return to work?
I am now paying part of my health insurance under Short term disability and will convert to Cobra when it becomes necessary.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I THINK what you are asking is, if you quit your job because you relocate, will your short term disability benefits end?

We can't answer that because we can't read your disability policy from here. However, in MOST cases the benefits will continue as long as you continue to qualify under the policy.

Only someone in your company's HR or Benefits department can give you a definite answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">