• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Administrator Fee

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Seabreeze

I was recently informed that I am entiled to an adminstratrixe commission for serving as the administratrixe
on my brother's estate, due to his accidental death.
How is this fee determined? And also is it calculated from the total settlement, before the attorney's take their cut?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,,

Jehnna

A

advisor10

(01-30-2001)

Please respond by mentioning which state you live in, as fees vary among states. Generally speaking you will be able to charge anywhere from 3% to 5%, BEFORE attorney's fees (and/or any other estate expenses) are paid out.

Locally, you could go to the library to look at your state's laws, specifically the probate code section, or by contacting the county courthouse, or by speaking with a university law department or probate/estate attorney.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

S

Seabreeze

Admistrator Fee

Thanks for the info. Sorry that was negligent of my not mentioning the state im in. I live in the Bronx county in the state of NY.

Thanks

A

advisor10

JANUARY 31, 2001

The reference book I got this information from was dated 1994, so if you want to see if the rate has changed, you will need to consult with a New York probate/estate attorney in your local area, since you will probably also need his/her advice about other matters you may be handling with the estate you are managing.

For New York, Administrator's Fees Were:

5% of the first $100,000 received and paid out,
4% of the next $200,000

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">