• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Criminal Trespass

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rebecca24

What is the name of your state? Kansas

in November my Son who's turning 14 in a few months,and his best friend who is 14 were bored on a week night when they were downtown skate boarding.
they passed a building that had a set of stairs on the side leading to the roof.they did have to go through a door that had a no trespassing sign,but they say it was to dark at night to see the sign.(which I'm sure does not matter)
it was the time of year when the city was decorating the downtown for Christmas and they wanted to see what the lights looked like from up there.
the owner was inside, heard them, called police.
called them filthy names, grabbed my Son's friends collar.
now after over two months a cop showed up to say the guy's new roof he just had put on (26,000 worth supposedly) before this incident is leaking and a screen was taken off or something.
he also said the guy had sat up there several times to see if any one was still going up there.
he's pressing charges for criminal trespass.
we have had lots of rain and heavy snows since then, and the guy and the cop both weigh alot more than the boys and could have damaged it themselves by walking up there and
also the boys say other kids do go up there.
the cop said the guy came in last month to press charges,so it took him from early november till some time in january to press charges, and possibly a month for the cops to contact us after that in a town of 14,000.
so now I have to set up the assessment with the juv intake officer next week.
my son has never been in trouble before except for fighting awhile back.
just want to get opinions,thanks in advance.What is the name of your state?

BL

What is the name of your state? Kansas

in November my Son who's turning 14 in a few months,and his best friend who is 14 were bored on a week night when they were downtown skate boarding.
they passed a building that had a set of stairs on the side leading to the roof.they did have to go through a door that had a no trespassing sign,but they say it was to dark at night to see the sign.(which I'm sure does not matter)
it was the time of year when the city was decorating the downtown for Christmas and they wanted to see what the lights looked like from up there.
the owner was inside, heard them, called police.
called them filthy names, grabbed my Son's friends collar.
now after over two months a cop showed up to say the guy's new roof he just had put on (26,000 worth supposedly) before this incident is leaking and a screen was taken off or something.
he also said the guy had sat up there several times to see if any one was still going up there.
he's pressing charges for criminal trespass.
we have had lots of rain and heavy snows since then, and the guy and the cop both weigh alot more than the boys and could have damaged it themselves by walking up there and
also the boys say other kids do go up there.
the cop said the guy came in last month to press charges,so it took him from early november till some time in january to press charges, and possibly a month for the cops to contact us after that in a town of 14,000.
so now I have to set up the assessment with the juv intake officer next week.
my son has never been in trouble before except for fighting awhile back.
just want to get opinions,thanks in advance.What is the name of your state?
If convicted of that charge , he could be looking at probation , and if it's ruled that he caused the leaking , restitution could also be ordered .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">