• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Consent age changed during travel?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

miadee

What is the name of your state? New York

I am 16 years old. I will be travelling to PA this spring, before I turn 17. I know the age of consent is 16 in PA, but does that apply to me while I am there? For example, what would happen if there was any sexual activity between me and an adult (21 years old) that was a resident of PA?

Thanks in advance.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? New York

I am 16 years old. I will be travelling to PA this spring, before I turn 17. I know the age of consent is 16 in PA, but does that apply to me while I am there? For example, what would happen if there was any sexual activity between me and an adult (21 years old) that was a resident of PA?

Thanks in advance.
In both states your 21 year old boyfriend is looking at 20 years in prison for statutory rape. Giving that you are from another state and he is taking you to PA to have sex, that would be a Federal Crime. Google the "Mann Act".

Whether you are "old enough to travel" alone is irrelevant. Leaving home to have sex with an adult is another kettle of fish. Your BF is going to get in a LOT of trouble. Think about this...What kind of "man" entices a teen-aged girl out of state to have sex with her?? Do you know this man or is he someone you have been chatting with on-line? Do your parents know you are planning this trip or are you running away?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">