• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bad experience with dealership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

unhappyconsumer

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

I just bought a brand new Jeep. After 2 days of having, I noticed 3 large puddles of fluid in my driveway. I took it to the dealership, they kept it overnight. They said that "the PTU was overfilled, and had to be topped off, whatever that means". Their words exactly. 3 days later, I had to have the car towed because I could not get it to move. Again, 3 large puddles where it was parked, this time, orange puddles from the dye they had put in the fluid from the first time they "fixed" it. It had been 2 days and I heard nothing from anyone. I called 6 times that day, and either got hung up on, or told that they had to "order a part" and weren't even going to call me until it had come in. What part? "We don't know, call later". Finally, after 6 tries, my father called and they instantly told him that they had to replace the entire 4 wheel drive unit. It's now been a week, and they haven't even begun to fix the vehicle. Needless to say, I am beyond angry.

At the dealership while buying my car, I noticed a few things that weren't very settleing. When doing a credit check (w/my Dad as a cosigner), they came back with credit scores about 100 points lower than what we had already researched them as. They said "we must have done it wrong". We signed my finance agreement, and the finance manager ripped it out of my hands, and said "you're going to have to sign another one, you signed on the wrong line" and then walked off with it. Didn't show me where I missigned, didn't tell me if he was going to shred the agreement or not, took off without even me being able to ask a question.

At this point, I bought my car 2 1/2 weeks ago, and have only had it in my possession for 3. I am extremely dissapointed and have absolutely no faith in the car, or the shady dealership at this point. I want out of the deal. Is there anyway that this is even possible? I know if it happens one more time, it is considered a lemon, but two times in less than 2 weeks??? There's gotta be something about that.

Happy Trails

unhappyconsumer said:
What part?
Sounds like the power transfer unit.

unhappyconsumer said:
Is there anyway that this is even possible?
You signed a contract, nothing you have written states there has been a breach in the contract.

unhappyconsumer said:
I know if it happens one more time, it is considered a lemon, but two times in less than 2 weeks?
You apparently have read the lemon law under New Hamshire law, there isn't anything in the statute that allows for "two times in less than 2 weeks" can I call the deal off.

The law provides the manufacturer and/or the dealer a chance to fix the problem, providing it is within reason.

VII. It shall be presumed that a reasonable number of attempts have been undertaken to conform a motor vehicle to the applicable warranties if:

(a) The same nonconformity as identified in any written examination or repair order has been subject to repair at least 3 times by the manufacturer, its agent, or authorized dealer within the express warranty term and the same nonconformity continues to exist; or

(b) The vehicle is out of service by reason of repair of one or more nonconformities, defects, or conditions for a cumulative total of 30 or more business days during the term of the express warranty. The term of any warranty and the 30-day period shall be extended by any period of time during which repair services were not available to the consumer because of war, invasion, strike, fire, flood, or other natural disaster. If an extension of time is necessitated due to these conditions, the manufacturer shall provide for the free use of a vehicle to the consumer whose vehicle is out of service. A vehicle shall not be deemed out of service if it is available to the consumer for a major part of the day.

http://www.lemonlawoffice.com/lemonpages/att_info.php?state=nh

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">