• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting ripped off by cell phone carrier ---please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

monica89

What is the name of your state? wa
i bought a $450 smart phone, then returned it.
unfortunately I sent it back 4 days later than the 14 day "buyers remorse period".

So tthey charged me the full price for the phone.
AND --they are keeping the phone!!!

consuqentally, my phone is about to be cut off because of this unpaid "bill" that I cant pay now.

WHat can I do? isnt there some law against this? its complete robbery and obviously unfair.
If theyr charging me for the phone then they should give me the phone back. if theyre keeping the phone then they shouldnt charge me for it.

yes i realize they may be able to justify this b.s. with some fine print, but they are ripping me off 100%!
Please help

racer72

its complete robbery and obviously unfair.
It's your fault this happened, why are they being unfair?

If theyr charging me for the phone then they should give me the phone back.
You haven't paid for it yet. When you failed to comply with the terms and conditions, they can require payment in full before returning the phone.

yes i realize they may be able to justify this b.s. with some fine print, but they are ripping me off 100%!
It's called playing by the rules. If the fine print is too hard to read, ask for an easier to read copy of the terms and conditions.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">