• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Adoption

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

camii

What is the name of your state? GA

I have been divorced from my 14 year old daughter's father for over 13 years. My daughter's biological father has not had any contact with her for over two years, nor has he paid any child support. My husband and I have been married for over seven years and he filed for adoption following my daughter's request. Her biological father was served with the papers and he did not respond after thirty days but did show up in court to object to the adoption. The judge has given him another thirty days to file and it looks like we will have to go back to court. Can anyone advice me as to what to expect? My daughter is terribly upset over his reappearance.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? GA

I have been divorced from my 14 year old daughter's father for over 13 years. My daughter's biological father has not had any contact with her for over two years, nor has he paid any child support. My husband and I have been married for over seven years and he filed for adoption following my daughter's request. Her biological father was served with the papers and he did not respond after thirty days but did show up in court to object to the adoption. The judge has given him another thirty days to file and it looks like we will have to go back to court. Can anyone advice me as to what to expect? My daughter is terribly upset over his reappearance.
I would always advise an adopter to have an attorney. I would also always tell one that the biological parent has Constitutional-level rights to parent his/her child: that is a right that will be protected and nourished as much as possible by a judge.

Dad will get his day in court. How he does is up to him and no one can predict that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">