• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

false accusment of vandalism

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

josh1233

What is the name of your state? cali

ok so im in high school and today i get called up to the office because somebody accused me of tagging on the school property so they search my backpack, binder, pockets, make me take off my shoes, and check throu the pictures in my cell phone... my backpack had a piece of graffiti on the front and they confiscated it because it was "evidence" and went to go search the records to see if they find a match of that same name or style... and of course they didnt...they also found a few pictures i took of some vandalism in my neighborhood because i wanted to find out who was doing it, and they saw them, and are trying to say they are my taggings....they also confenscated my cellphone and I am yet to recieve it.... so i was found clean and not guilt but still i feel violated...is there anything i can sue for like invasion of private property or false claims or anything? i dont know much about the laws so i need some help here....

Last edited:

quincy

While it is a horrible feeling, I'm sure, to be accused of a crime you did not commit, the school was within their rights to search your belongings. I am afraid you have no legal recourse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">