• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Resale of a warranty

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

susieq

If our company purchases computer monitors from a retail store that have manufacture/store warranties with them. How do we resale the warranty to our customers when we sell them the monitor? Any information you can give me would be helpful

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

susieq said:
If our company purchases computer monitors from a retail store that have manufacture/store warranties with them. How do we resale the warranty to our customers when we sell them the monitor? Any information you can give me would be helpful

My response:

Unless you plan on giving your customers your own warranty that you'll take care of any warranty repairs, then all you can do is to inform your customers of the manufacturer warranty.

To inform your customers of the "store warranty" and to make use of the store warranty, you would necessarily have to give your customers the store receipt - - which would not be wise, being as how the store receipt has the price printed on it that you paid for each monitor. Not a good idea.

So, you have two choices :

1. Let your customers rely upon the manufacturer warranty, and inform your customers, in writing, that you are not warranting the monitors in any way, shape or form, whether express or implied - - that they shall deal directly with the manufacturer; or,

2. Let your customers know that you will handle all warranty repairs and / or replacements, should a monitor come back to you for repair or replacement, that you will deal with the store yourself, pursuant to the store warranty you received.

Good luck.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">