• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interested in dating age differincals.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

BehindTheMask

What is the name of your state? - Oregon

Right, please don't take this the wrong way. I am just interested in the Oregon State Laws concerning dating. Such as what is the legal age gap, which I believe it is 3 years. Is it legal to date with a wider gap than that with parent permission. Is it legal to date a minor with legal permission providing the gap is 3 years or less, or even if it isn't. For example I know a few couple who are 18(male) 16(female) and I am wondering on that.
So if you could help me with this it would be much appreciated ^_^.

BehindTheMask

Dating as in what everyone usually things as dating. Male and Female going on to movies, dinner, events and such as a romantic couple. For this illustration no sex involved. Furthest physical action taken would be kissing.

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
There are no laws that dictate who may date. You may date anyone your parents give you permission to date. You may not date anyone your parents refuse to allow you to date.

There are laws that dictate who may have sex. If you are under the age of consent, you may not have sex, period. If you are over the age of consent but there are age restrictions, you must obey them.

And here's the kicker. EVEN IF YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF CONSENT, BUT YOU ARE STILL A MINOR, YOUR PARENTS RULE. If you are under 18, EVEN IF YOU ARE OVER THE AGE OF SEXUAL CONSENT, if your parents say no, it's NO.

Your parents may not make legal what is illegal, but they may make illegal what is legal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
So he needs to read what I posted - if the little girl's parents say no, it is NO. Whether the state would give permission or not.

BehindTheMask

WTF are you people going on about. Is this how you treat a person who is just interested in the law?
As I had stated I have two friends who are dating by what I stated above. One is 18 and the other 16, and I was wondering if it was legal, because heaven knows maybe I care about my friends and want to make sure they don't get in trouble. Does it ever figure to you people that maybe just maybe for once some one could mean what they say and be asking out of curiosities sake, and for the good of another.

As well if you will look above the statement describing by what I mean by dating, says no sex involved. So who knows maybe I am speaking the truth, but now I come to ask a question so I must be some pedophile lier.

So please continue to flame me, not like it makes me look bad. It only make you look bad, you people who automatically assume I am some lier trying to cover up something. Very well you may believe what you like, not like I can stop you. At least I know the truth about who I am, and what I mean.

Last edited:

Bloopy

WTF are you people going on about. Is this how you treat a person who is just interested in the law?
As I had stated I have two friends who are dating by what I stated above. One is 18 and the other 16, and I was wondering if it was legal, because heaven knows maybe I care about my friends and want to make sure they don't get in trouble. Does it ever figure to you people that maybe just maybe for once some one could mean what they say and be asking out of curiosities sake, and for the good of another.

As well if you will look above the statement describing by what I mean by dating, says no sex involved. So who knows maybe I am speaking the truth, but now I come to ask a question so I must be some pedophile lier.
Dude if you are not tapping a sixteen year old then your friend might be.

Most people will get riled at this sort of thread because even if you are kosher there are folks who search these threads.

Maybe you are performing a civil service. Perhaps the pedophile that comes along to read this may be encouraged to zip it.

As a decent person, you should be proud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">