• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

at a loss for finding a POA for myself

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

njhouse

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I'm currently in the process of redoing my will, and POA. Unfortunately, from seeing what is going on with friends and relatives Ive grown to trust no one when it comes to money, specifically when someone is a poa. I don't even trust the church I go to. I heard of guardianships but before I go to a lawyer Id like some advice here. I am healthy and in my late forties and single taking care of my elderly dad, I want to make sure he will be taken care of properly if something should happen to me, because im leaving him everything. Currently, my dad is my poa and a secondary poa is someone who I no longer trust. I have no idea who I can find to be my POA

njhouse

so what happens if I dont have a poa the state takes over or does it go to the next blood relative.

tranquility

If you become a danger to yourself or others and the state finds out about it, you will be committed and the state will manage your affairs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">