• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Endangerment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tedster

What is the name of your state? CA
A school principal had a romance with a deputy. He dumped her and she re-enacted “Fatal Attraction”. There are more than 100 phone calls from her to the sheriff’s dept in her attempt to get him back. She also confided to someone that she wanted to stage a car crash so the confidante could call the police and request boyfriend be sent out to rescue her.
At any rate, she hears gunshots one day on campus and calls 911. With this call she got to see her beau and the SWAT. No evidence of gunshots anywhere.
Evidence, including tapes, was brought by the lieutenant to district superintendent and nothing was done. I spoke with the police lieutenant who went to the superintendent and he is convinced the principal made a false report.
A month later a child fell off playground equipment. The girl was in & out of consciousness. Principal calls 3 school nurses about what to do, all say to call 911. Principal tells mother that if she wants to call 911 she has to do it from the 7-11 at the end of the block, which is about 4/10ths of a mile away. It turns out that the child had ruptured her spleen. It’s possible the parents are illegal and for that reason did not file charges. I don't know if the delay changed anything regarding the hospital treatment, but I would call it endangering a child's life by not being expedient and making the call right away, and from the school itself, instead of obligating the parent to waste time making the call somewhere else.
Where should a report be made? District Attorney, CPS?

mommyof4

Why is this under juvenile? Is the principal a minor?

At any rate: How about the superintendent of the school district?

Silverplum

:confused:
How hard is it to call 911? Or the DA's office? Or the cops?

Golly, "the system" should make it even easier. :rolleyes:

Happy Trails

Tedster, who are you in all of this?

How do you know these things aren't rumors that have been blown out of proportion?

Evidence, including tapes, was brought by the lieutenant to district superintendent and nothing was done.
So what is stopping the lieutenant from going over the district superintendent's head?

CdwJava

Failing to call 9-1-1 from the office is not likely to be considered criminal ... stupid, and potentially cause for a civil action, but a crime? Doubtful.

And, there are a number of other staffers that could have called 9-1-1 even if the principal did not want to.

This sounds just a little too hard to believe. Perhaps there was no reason to call 9-1-1? Perhaps there was little reason to believe the injuries were that severe at the time?

In any event, a lot more would have to be shown to demonstrate that the act of not calling was criminal in any way. But, nothing is preventing you - or anyone else - from reporting it to law enforcement, the school district, or CPS.

- Carl

tedster

I worked at the school and I've confirmed with people (counselor who was confidante of principal, another school worker and one of the nurses who received the phone call about the child) that the incidents took place as described. I don't know why the lieutenant did not carry this further and can only speculate.

If this post belongs in another section, will someone with administrative rights move this post?
Thank you.

CdwJava

I worked at the school and I've confirmed with people (counselor who was confidante of principal, another school worker and one of the nurses who received the phone call about the child) that the incidents took place as described. I don't know why the lieutenant did not carry this further and can only speculate.

If this post belongs in another section, will someone with administrative rights move this post?
Thank you.
This sounds more like a civil issue rather than criminal child endangerment. If the parents of the child wish to pursue the matter, they can. Without their cooperation, even a criminal prosecution (providing endangerment could somehow be minimally established) would be impossible.

Again, if someone wants this to get attention, anyone can report it ... to law enforcement, the district, or CPS. Even all three!

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">