• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Deposit on Wedding Reception

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mehndimyst

In 4/00 my husband put down a 1,000.00 deposit for a wedding reception location for our wedding that was scheduled to be on 6/9/01. After a bad experience at a tasting at the Outing Lodge in Stillwater, MN, we decided to ask for a refund of our deposit. We signed a contract stating that they keep the money until the date is re-booked.

The 6/9/01 date was re-booked 11/00. We have continued to contact the Outing Lodge for our refund (which is supposedly only going to be $750.00 because they keep $250.00 for an administrative fee, eventhough they never did anything for us or any planning for our wedding).

They have told my husband things like "well it depends on what money we have coming in as to when you will get your refund" and they just plain blow me off. The owner's wife is in charge of refunds, and she's impossible to deal with. I signed up to have small claims court papers sent to me, and I plan to pursue this legally. We have gone to the BBB as a mediator months ago, and since the Outing Lodge wouldn't budge, we gave up on them as an organization in general.

Any advice?

Shawn

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mehndimyst said:
In 4/00 my husband put down a 1,000.00 deposit for a wedding reception location for our wedding that was scheduled to be on 6/9/01. After a bad experience at a tasting at the Outing Lodge in Stillwater, MN, we decided to ask for a refund of our deposit. We signed a contract stating that they keep the money until the date is re-booked.

The 6/9/01 date was re-booked 11/00. We have continued to contact the Outing Lodge for our refund (which is supposedly only going to be $750.00 because they keep $250.00 for an administrative fee, eventhough they never did anything for us or any planning for our wedding).

They have told my husband things like "well it depends on what money we have coming in as to when you will get your refund" and they just plain blow me off. The owner's wife is in charge of refunds, and she's impossible to deal with. I signed up to have small claims court papers sent to me, and I plan to pursue this legally. We have gone to the BBB as a mediator months ago, and since the Outing Lodge wouldn't budge, we gave up on them as an organization in general.

Any advice?

Shawn

My response:

Advice about what ? Did you have a specific question you need to have answered ?

You have already "signed up to have small claims court papers sent" to you, so all you have to do is fill out the papers, send them back to the court, and with your evidence in hand, go to the scheduled court hearing and tell the court your story.

Just like it's done on T.V., the judge will tell you if you win or lose.

IAAL

[Edited by I AM ALWAYS LIABLE on 01-30-2001 at 01:06 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">