• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle Salvaged Title

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wrangler1980

What is the name of your state? Washington

I purchased a used vehicle in 2005 from a large dealership for the approximately Kelly Blue Book value. I recently attempted to use the vehicle as a trade-in and learned that the title showed the vehicle as salavaged. At no time was I ever made aware of the title status during the purchase. I contacted the dealership and they stated that it must have been a mistake and they would "make me happy." The manager wants to sell me another vehicle and use the orginal vehicle as a trade-in with the full trade-in value. Is this a acceptable or fair settlement? I did pay interest for two 1/2 years on a loan that would have not been nearly as high if I would have paid the actual value salavaged title value orginally. In addition, I had to pay #k for a new transmission that the mechanic told me was caused by a recent faulty repair job. Obviously, at the time I did not know the faulty repair job could have been caused by a crash (reason for the salavged title). Basically, do I have a right and the leverage to ask for more?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">