• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I was with some kids that tried to...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jake-d

What is the name of your state? NeVada

I was at my friend's house and I fell asleep but my 2 buddies weren't and apperantly they tried to break into a BMW. They failed and came back and woke me up, explained what they did. I think someone called the cops because they were looking for "several hooded young men". We're all sixteen and later that night we decided to go get breakfast and the cops stopped us. I told them everything I could based on what my co-friends told me. And now I'm being charged with the attempted breaking into! What should I go? Please-- real answers only.

jake-d

Can anyone provide a better answer? I know I need an attorney to get anywhere.

I have more questions:
The cops said my being there was why I'm in trouble; is there any way to argue that?
Is there any way to drop/lower charges?
Because this is my first time; what would the charge most likely be?

Last edited:

The Occultist

Um, if you know you need an attorney, then get one. Sitting down with a legal professional will yield you better results than anybody on an online forum, whatever credentials they may have, can ever provide. So, no, nobody can provide a better answer; get a friggin' attorney.

jake-d

Um, if you know you need an attorney, then get one. Sitting down with a legal professional will yield you better results than anybody on an online forum, whatever credentials they may have, can ever provide. So, no, nobody can provide a better answer; get a friggin' attorney.
I would if I could afford one.
I just came here looking for possible answers to my questions.
Please just answer them.

JETX

Wow. This forum is not exactly helping...
Oh, wow, dude!!
Didn't know you were so serious about this.

Here is what you want to hear:
You have nothing to worry about. Just go into the court and explain the facts as you have here. The court will let you go without any problem.
Feel better??

CdwJava

Jake, apparently the cops don't buy your "I was asleep story" ... yeah, they hear that a lot. It's also possible your pals dimed you off as being there, or the same witness(es) that saw your pals also saw you ... maybe they saw THREE people and not just two.

In any event, you face some serious charges and there is little that anyone here can say about the matter as we have no idea what the prosecution has for a case against you.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">