• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

underage help???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jhnk

What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania

My buddy, some guy he knows and I were at a party. The party ended. We jumped in our truck to go home which is about 10 blocks from the party. An officer pulled us over because he said we hit a curb and we made a wide turn. We definitly didn't hit a curb and a wide turn is highly unlikely. We are both underage. Yes we are stupid. The cop came up and looked through the vehicle. He asked for id. The officer took my buddy who was driving out of the car and gave him a breathalizer test. He blew a .083 and they cuffed and stuffed him. He was given a minor's DUI? The 22 yr old who was the one that was completely goneand actually smelt like beer. He was let go with nothing done to him. I was given a breathalizer also and i blew a .145 and i was given a citation and let go.

the citation states:
Actor being less than 21 yr, 19yr. Consume malt liqour or brewed beverage or liquor. Actor had strong odorof alcoholic beaverage on breath + glassy eyes. Actor submitted to a PBT result was .145.

I was given an underage... Which really hurts. Is there a way i can fight it to reduce it or get it dropped. A misconduct or a public drunkeness would be better I think. I'm just looking for suggestions. Any are great... thanksWhat is the name of your state?

noobdad

Theres a definite possibility you can get something like that reduced. As long as you plead not guilty when you sent it in, or when you appear in front of the judge.

It all depends on the judge tho. If its your first offense ever, theres probably a good chance he will reduce it for ya. ALWAYS plead not guilty to any minor offenses and even any kind of traffic tickets. I've had lawyers in the past tell me this as well as cops themselves. The worst they can do is say no, but the best that could happen is they completely dismiss it. Try to play the "i was an idiot, I know what I did was wrong and it will never happen again" card in front of him and give it a go.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
What is the name of your state?
Pennsylvania

My buddy, some guy he knows and I were at a party. The party ended. We jumped in our truck to go home which is about 10 blocks from the party. An officer pulled us over because he said we hit a curb and we made a wide turn. We definitly didn't hit a curb and a wide turn is highly unlikely. We are both underage. Yes we are stupid. The cop came up and looked through the vehicle. He asked for id. The officer took my buddy who was driving out of the car and gave him a breathalizer test. He blew a .083 and they cuffed and stuffed him. He was given a minor's DUI? The 22 yr old who was the one that was completely goneand actually smelt like beer. He was let go with nothing done to him. I was given a breathalizer also and i blew a .145 and i was given a citation and let go.

the citation states:
Actor being less than 21 yr, 19yr. Consume malt liqour or brewed beverage or liquor. Actor had strong odorof alcoholic beaverage on breath + glassy eyes. Actor submitted to a PBT result was .145.

I was given an underage... Which really hurts. Is there a way i can fight it to reduce it or get it dropped. A misconduct or a public drunkeness would be better I think. I'm just looking for suggestions. Any are great... thanksWhat is the name of your state?
LOL Dude - you were WAY over the limit, even for an adult. The 22yo got nothing because (here's a newsflash!) it's NOT illegal for an adult to be plastered. He wasn't driving apparently, so he was allowed to walk away. Your driver was over the limit, and a minor. You were over the limit and a minor. Neither of you could LEGALLY drink. So you were busted for it.

Why do you think you should get something less than an MIP/MIC? It's what you did. Man up and take the consequences.

And given how toasted you were, I doubt you'd have noticed either hitting a curb or making a wide turn. Just be glad you slap-happy boys didn't kill anyone.

noobdad

Why do you think you should get something less than an MIP/MIC? It's what you did. Man up and take the consequences.
why should he have a blimp on his record for drinking? you're telling me you've never went to a high school partdy back in the day and got faced?

At least try to get it reduced. Something like that can screw you over if you ever apply for a government job in the future I hear.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
why should he have a blimp on his record for drinking? you're telling me you've never went to a high school partdy back in the day and got faced?
Yep, that's what I'm telling ya. Plenty of parties, though.

As for why he should have a blip (no m, btw) on his record? 'Cause he broke the law. Funny how that happens. :rolleyes:

noobdad

As for why he should have a blip (no m, btw) on his record? 'Cause he broke the law. Funny how that happens. :rolleyes:
Hypocrite on both comments. You should have turned yourself in after your drunken parties. Also, you didn't use two spaces after your periods.

So, you're saying if he tries to plead not guilty, they can tell him he can't plead not guilty?
No. He can plead however. I'm saying the worst they can say is "No, we're not reducing it for you," if he does plead not guilty. While if he pleads guilty he's going to get the full ticket anyways so it's always worth a shot. They can't do anything worse to him for pleading not guilty so the best option is to just do that.

WTF this is a legal site. you people should be telling him how to lessen his fines not saying, "Man up, blah blah blah" lol. You think any lawyer would say "eh.. just plead guilty and man up."

The Occultist

Hypocrite on both comments. You should have turned yourself in after your drunken parties. Also, you didn't use two spaces after your periods.

No. He can plead however. I'm saying the worst they can say is "No, we're not reducing it for you," if he does plead not guilty. While if he pleads guilty he's going to get the full ticket anyways so it's always worth a shot. They can't do anything worse to him for pleading not guilty so the best option is to just do that.

WTF this is a legal site. you people should be telling him how to lessen his fines not saying, "Man up, blah blah blah" lol. You think any lawyer would say "eh.. just plead guilty and man up."
Um, please explain how is is a hypocrite. I think you are the only one who thinks you have to drink when you go to a party, and stealth was indicating that he did not get hammered at his parties.

Also, colloquially, two spaces after a period is no longer appropriate.

The reason why we're being harsh is because the OP went into a situation he knew to be wrong, and it could have killed somebody. People like that coined the term "vehicular manslaughter".

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Um, please explain how is is a hypocrite. I think you are the only one who thinks you have to drink when you go to a party, and stealth was indicating that he did not get hammered at his parties.

The reason why we're being harsh is because the OP went into a situation he knew to be wrong, and it could have killed somebody. People like that coined the term "vehicular manslaughter".
Why does EVERYONE seem to think that Stealth is male?

Crimes you're convicted of get filed into a "record"? WOW! That's news. Guess I'd better stay out of trouble.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Um, please explain how is is a hypocrite. I think you are the only one who thinks you have to drink when you go to a party, and stealth was indicating that She did not get hammered at HER parties.
Sigh.... I keep checking, but I don't have a pair tucked anywhere. And no, I didn't get hammered at parties, for the most part. I didn't drink, save an occasional glass of wine at home on a special occasion until I was LEGAL (and in those days, it was at 18). I can probably count the number of times I've been drunk since on one hand. While I enjoy a drink as much as the next person, I don't much enjoy nursing a hangover. And now, as a parent (specifically of teens), I think it's important to model responsible behavior.

Actually, one still uses two spaces after a period when typing - on a typewriter (does anyone still do that?). When typing on a computer, one space is used as many word processors automatically default to one space when doing auto-corrects.

Why does EVERYONE seem to think that Stealth is male?
Probably because I don't have a pretty girlie handle like yours. :p

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Sigh.... I keep checking, but I don't have a pair tucked anywhere. And no, I didn't get hammered at parties, for the most part. I didn't drink, save an occasional glass of wine at home on a special occasion until I was LEGAL (and in those days, it was at 18). I can probably count the number of times I've been drunk since on one hand. While I enjoy a drink as much as the next person, I don't much enjoy nursing a hangover. And now, as a parent (specifically of teens), I think it's important to model responsible behavior.

Actually, one still uses two spaces after a period when typing - on a typewriter (does anyone still do that?). When typing on a computer, one space is used as many word processors automatically default to one space when doing auto-corrects.

Probably because I don't have a pretty girlie handle like yours. :p
Yeah but even with that I have been accused of being a guy. Dear, when you do grow a pair let us know okay? Until then I am still believing you are female like me. Okay?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">