• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

extacy charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

AudreyH.

What is the name of your state? California

My best friend and I decided one night to take extacy for $10 a pill. We were caught by a police officer who arrested us and we're now being charged. Im not entirely sure what type of charge it is, and whether its a misdemenour or just a citation.
I really want to know what will happen to me. Im about to graduate a year early and am a month away from getting my driver's licence. The police officer said this won't effect my ability to drive, but the dmv website says differently. I dont know what to expect, so it would be very nice if I could get some answers.
Thanks.

AudreyH.

I know its called Google, and if I wasn't totally inept with google searches, I wouldn't be comming here for advice.

CdwJava

What charge is on your booking paperwork? is it H&S 11377? or something else?

If you Google (without the brackets or quotes) < California diversion PC 1000 > you will find a myriad of diversion information including a text o fthe diversion law.

Essentially, successful completion of the program results in no criminal record (the arrest is deemed to have never happened). Failure can result in sentencing per the original offense.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">