• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

breach in contract what can i do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

usmc1313

What is the name of your state? CA
I am not sure where to post this, so i apologize for the double post.

Hello everybody. I am new to this forum, and have come for some advice. Here is how the story begins. I found out last oct that I would be Deploying to Iraq in Feb 08 (i am a Marine). I recently found out i will not be leaving till Aug. A few months prior i had just bought a brand new truck, tacoma x runner. I tryed to sell it, but was having trouble being that i still owed so much. I made an arangement with some one to Take over payments untill oct 08, when at that time they would buy out the loan. We both signed a typed contract stating they would be paying me every month NLT the 25th, via electronic transfer and that full coverage Insurace must be maintained at all times. We had the Contract Notarized, so that it was legit. Once i had seen proof of insurance i turned over the vehicle. Since then they have been late on every payment, and have changed there # several times, and relocated to AZ. About two weeks ago, they called and said they were short on the payment and asked if they could pay it a week late. I disaprooved but gave them till the 1st of Feb 08. I am unable to get a hold of them on the 1st. I get a call on the 3rd, telling me theirs a problem. I told them the problem is i cant afford rent untill i get this payment, since i had already covered it to avoid it being late. He told me the car rear tires locked up and it was in an accident. THe dealer checks it out says there are no signs of any defect and when he started the car the wipers were on, leading him to believe that they lost control and hit a curb. All in all, the Damage is $4500. I contact the person who has had the vehicle and find out that he has not maintained insurance. He then asked if i could pay for the damage. I told him no way, and have not been able to get a hold of him since. I dont know what to do. I left a message on his voicemail letting him know i will be taking Legal Action. Can i sue him. or is since the title is in my name, am i screwed. Since I dont even know where they or the vehicle are for sure, can i report it stolen. What should I do?? Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">