• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Paid in advance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jujam4

What is the name of your state? CA

I pre-paid for a retreat. Due to financial strife, I don't have the funds to attend this retreat (travel, accommodations and other expenses). With no services rendered, I'm wondering what the chances are of getting most, if not all, of my money back. This is a fairly large establishment with a documented "no refund" policy". But since I literally CANNOT attend, there must be some way to retrieve my money. They offer a credit. But I don't know when I'll ever be able to go. Thanks for any advice.

CourtClerk

This is a fairly large establishment with a documented "no refund" policy
And since you know that they have a documented "no refund" policy... why are you then looking for something they've already told you you cannot have. That I absolutely cannot attend is not an excuse, nor does it give you the right to a refund.
They offer a credit.
Then use it. The minute they present their documented no refund policy, you lose.

jujam4

Who knew?

Lawyers are hostile and cantankerous even online. If I knew it all, like you apparently do, I wouldn't be on this forum, jackass.:mad:

CourtClerk

You're quite welcome...:) I may not know it all but I do know that no refunds means no refunds... even if, even though... and just because I think I'm special.

Read your contract next time before you enter into it. Don't become upset because someone is pointing out the obvious.

Hey... why not just sue them, then be out the filing fee when you lose. You know the saying.. a fool and his money are soon parted.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">