• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Purchase Refund

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ataylor_2005

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I bought a pair of (what I thought were authentic) Designer jeans, but later figured that they were fake. The fact that they were fake was not advertised on the site and this is what I'm wondering: aren't I suppose to be made "whole" as I was before I purchased these fake jeans? I was refunded what I paid for the jeans, but not what I paid to send them BACK to the seller - I had to pay using my own money to ship them back.

Are there any laws that protect buyers against fraudulent sellers like the one I'm dealing with? It's not even about the money, it just really ticks me off that ((( I ))) have to pay because this piece of s**t seller tried to make a quick buck by selling something as being real when it wasn't.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

BL

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I bought a pair of (what I thought were , but later figured that they were fake. The fact that they were fake was not advertised on the site and this is what I'm wondering: aren't I suppose to be made "whole" as I was before I purchased these fake jeans? I was refunded what I paid for the jeans, but not what I paid to send them BACK to the seller - I had to pay using my own money to ship them back.

Are there any laws that protect buyers against fraudulent sellers like the one I'm dealing with? It's not even about the money, it just really ticks me off that ((( I ))) have to pay because this piece of s**t seller tried to make a quick buck by selling something as being real when it wasn't.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Contact your OAG to inquire to inquire if knock offs are legal to sell .

Also contact the authentic Designer jeans manufacture , to inquire if knock offs are legal to sell .

Were they advertised as authentic ?

xylene

A point of information.

If you are buying designer fashions, only buy it from an authorized retail seller.

Call / ask the designer who their authorized sellers are.

If the items are selling for less than list price, and are not bone fide legitimate closeouts, it is is huge red flag something is wrong.

Also manufacturers of designer items have an enormous regard for quality and uniformity. If low prices are justified by 'second quality'... this too is a huge red flag. Designers typically destroy merchandise that is not of the highest quality for the sake of the standing of their brand.

Ataylor_2005

Contact your OAG to inquire to inquire if knock offs are legal to sell .

Also contact the authentic Designer jeans manufacture , to inquire if knock offs are legal to sell .
Great, thanks!

Were they advertised as authentic ?
Actually, no - they weren't.

He's already given me my money back, but could he possibly have said that "he didn't know" that they were fake?

Ataylor_2005

A point of information.

If you are buying designer fashions, only buy it from an authorized retail seller.
You see, the whole point of buying from sellers (that may not be authorized) is to save money. I mean I paid a 1/3 of what I would have paid in a retail shop for some of the jeans I bought online. Yea', you run a high risk of getting fake merchandise, but once you learn to establish the real from the fake, you can save a lot of money - hundreds and definitely thousands over the years.

xylene

I mean I paid a 1/3 of what I would have paid in a retail shop for some of the jeans I bought online.
Yeah, but I could buy generic jeans for a 1/4 of the 1/3 you paid. Which is all you bought anyway.

Yea', you run a high risk of getting fake merchandise, but once you learn to establish the real from the fake, you can save a lot of money - hundreds and definitely thousands over the years.
You aren't saving anyhting by wearing knock-offs.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">