• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Bought car and it dies 7 days later!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MrsYvette

:mad:What is the name of your state? California. My employee purchased a car and 7 days later the transmission went out. She paid $7000.00 for the car, its $3000.00 to fix it. She went back to the private party that she bought it from and that are not willing to help her in any way. What are her rights? She does not have the $3000.00 to fix the truck. I would like to send her in the right direction.
Yvette

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
:mad:What is the name of your state? California. My employee purchased a car and 7 days later the transmission went out. She paid $7000.00 for the car, its $3000.00 to fix it. She went back to the private party that she bought it from and that are not willing to help her in any way. What are her rights? She does not have the $3000.00 to fix the truck. I would like to send her in the right direction.
Yvette
Assuming this is a private party sale with no warranty given, then I'd send her to the bank for a loan to pay for her new transmission.

MrsYvette

Its a 2000
No Warrentiy was givin. Or Nor was as is.
The transmission went out she had driven it less than 200 miles.

MrsYvette

Yvette
Thank you.
Not what she was hoping for but she is getting a loan.
Have a wonderful day
:eek:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">