• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prize not awarded....Any Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

smck10

What is the name of your state? Utah

In the begining of the football season a sports bar I went to advertised that if you showed up to every Monday Night Football game (17 weeks of games) that you would be placed in a drawing for a 52" plasma TV. They took the names down of everyone in the bar after the 3rd quarter of every game. After week 14 The manager told me, if I make it to the remainder of the monday night games that the TV was mine because I had been the only one to make it to every game. I went to the remainder of the games and I was informed they would award the TV to me at their Superbowl Party. I showed up to that and they tried to give me a 20" LCD. I refused the 20" TV and talked to the manager and she said the owner bought this TV for me instead. I gave he my number and asked if the owner would call me to discuss this issue. I have not recieved a call from him nor have I had my calls returned by the manager. What are my options? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Sean McKenzie

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sue the bad guys in small claims court for your actual damages (the retail price of the tv)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Thanks Zigner...Is the statute of limitations a year on something like that?
Does it matter? Seems to me that you'd sue within the next month or two anyway...
Or, are you talking about LAST YEAR'S Superbowl?

smck10

No...It was this year's...But around here they have a guy on one of the news stations that likes to confront businesses on camera about ripping off people. I'm thinking about getting in contact with him first.

acmb05

No...It was this year's...But around here they have a guy on one of the news stations that likes to confront businesses on camera about ripping off people. I'm thinking about getting in contact with him first.
I would. I bet you get a tv real quick.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">