• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Online purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

Yarissa

Hi, my name is YARISSA and a friend of mine bought an AMD K6-2 550 processor for $73.00 at an online auction.

My friend has learned that other people have been conned by this person, that they, as well as my friend, have not yet received their merchanise and apparently will never receive it either.

My friend payed using a Money Order and he knows it was cashed!

What legal resources does my friend have???

Yarissa
From Puerto Rico

[Edited by Yarissa on 01-30-2001 at 05:11 PM]

D

David J. Miller

The lawyers on this site deal only in the laws of the United States. Nonetheless, you are probably out the $74.00 because to get it back you'd first have to hire someone to find this person. The initial telephone call and consultation alone would cost more than the damage so it would not be worth your time.

In the future, use your credit card or don't purchase anything over the net.

Y

Yarissa

Ok, pease correct me if I am wrong, you talk on this forum about the Laws that ar the same in all sates and US territories.

Am I right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">