• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Company refuses to activate service?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aimpulsive

South Carolina

I recently purchased a Sky Golf (www.skygolf.com) Sky Caddie SG3. This $300 unit allows a golfer to use GPS signals to determine how far they are from hazards and the green.

I purchased the unit through a non-authorized Sky Golf vendor, and so Sky Golf has told me that I can't use the unit. They refuse to activate my service or even to allow the GPS to turn on. I have offered to pay them for the annual service fee ($30), but they said that because the unit was sold through an authorized reseller, I can't use it.

I asked if the unit was stolen, because if it was I would return it to Sky Golf so that they could return it to the rightful owner. They said no...it was NOT stolen....the unit is legit. It just didn't go through their authorized dealer. They keep giving me a "line" about "they are not able to ensure that it meets their quality standards".

I understand that they can refuse to honor the warranty, but can they refuse to let me use the unit just because I bought it from a dealer who is not authorized by them?

It seems that if I paid money for it, and it was not stolen, then they should at least let me turn it on (apparently they can control this through a USB-connection to the computer where they authorize the unit as valid).

tranquility

Tell it to those who unlock the iPhone to make it useable on another network besides AT&T and then update their software from Apple. Brick city!

Sky Golf can make any business model they want. Your remedy is with the person who sold you the GPS.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">