• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Satisfaction notice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

legalohio

What is the name of your state? OHIO

I have a small claims judgement that I paid in full. My sister is the plantiff and she won't file a satisfaction notice. This is on my credit report and I would like to know how to get it off. I recently bought a new house and it was no problem getting the mortgage because I simply took in the judgement and showed them that it was paid in full, the cleared cashier's check and everything, but still, is there any weight that I can throw around to get it off my report and get her to file the satisfaction notice. County office is no help. They said she had to do it. They said they could nothing until she filed the sat. notice.

dcatz

The CRAs get information of this type directly from the courts. File a motion, application, petition or whatever it may be called (I’m doing this without checking your SC statutes, but the Court Clerk can be more precise) with the Small Claims Court, and ask it to enter an Order satisfying the judgment. Show the Court everything that you mentioned. The Court can and will do it, when the judgment creditor doesn’t.

If she has also recorded the judgment as a lien against property, that’s another matter. A Court Order won’t clear that, but it is likely to be a statutory violation that could give rise to a claim for damages. Post back, if that’s also the case.

Allow 60-90 days for the Court Order to trickle down to the CRAs via their own gathering procedures. If you need it faster, get a certified copy of the Order, dispute the record directly with the CRAs and include the copy with your written dispute sent CRRR. Getting this public information right is a sensitive subject for the CRAs right now. Two have successfully been sued for maintaining inaccurate information, when they could have/should have known otherwise. I expect that you’ll get a fairly prompt response.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">