• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone service

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

45Frank

What is the name of your state? NC
I know what it means to sign a contract with a wireless phone company and have read mine several times. But what is unreasonable on their end?

Since ATT bought out cingular u\you now have to pay $1.99 per phone for the page with your calls on it, OK I could go to the computer and see all my calls, but. Now you don't know what's incoming, outgoing wheather it's day or night, peak or not you just get the call with the date and time. You have to sit there with a calender to see what was a weekent and mark it yourself to check you bill, still not the problem.
Since I"ve had this phone atleast 6 years now or longer I have averaged aroung 600 minutes and with rollover never have gone over my 700 minute contract. Now my problem, Last month used up all my rollover plus a hundred minutes around 700 more then ever before. The only difference is these calls to mysef so to say. there's hundreds of minutes with my own number on them. First I was told it was my voice mail but that was eliminated as some calls were 15 plus minutes long. I am now told by their techs that since ATT has better service they use other towers then their own and the other companies do not have to report to them who called me by a number or any other way.
How am I to know who is to have called me or if they even did.
Is this a good enough reason to void their contract.
thanks

45Frank

I have renewed over the years to add lines and such, and when you do that and get the discounted phone your contract starts over. I meant since I've had this particular plan for 6 years or so.
My question is that they no longer can tell me who I called or even if someone called me it's just a charge. They use my number as the number for the charge.
If they can't tell me who called or who I called then how can they charge me.

45Frank

Has anyone ever been released out of a contract, the serivce is now so bad I can not let my kids have there phones. I have called and asked to speak to a supervisor and am told that's not their policy.
I have spent hours on the phone with them in the last month 4-5 just in the last week just trying to keep my service working, they have major switching problems that they can't fix. When you call us you get sent anywhere in the country then I have to call them to have the numbers reset.
Voice mail gets wiped out regularly. It never ends.
Any good ideas?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">