• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 years old...possession of marijuana, tobacco, and perephonilia

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thnkblue1988

What is the name of your state? California

Hi, I'm 16 and was driving around in a gated community when i was pulled over for making a wide turn and "driving on the wrong side of the road" in doing so. When the cops searched my car they found Marijuana (less than an oz, about 2 gs) and my friends rolling papers, roller, cigars, cigarettes, as well as my pipe and lighters. I was cited for Possession of less than 1 oz of Marijuana, A minor in possession of tobacco and periphonilia, and driving on the wrong side of the road. I'm going to court in two months. Should I consult a lawyer? Also, what are the odds i will loose my license and for how long? And is there anyway to avoid the loss of license (i.e programs and such). I'm very nervous about this and cannot stop stressing. Can someone please answer my questions?

CdwJava

Whether there is diversion available for you that will save your license is a question that only a local attorney can answer.

If convicted you are looking at fines, community service, a likely license suspension, and - hopefully - the revocation of your vehicle access by mom and dad for a very, very, very long time.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">