• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

16 year old locked up....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justwondering23

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My son is 16 and he is in juvy hall right now, the courts are trying to charcge him with 3 felonies and 7 misdemeanors which he pleaded not guilty. He turns 17 in 8 months and in MI at age 17 you are considered an adult old enough to now go to jail. So could they just keep him for that 8 months and then release him when he turns 17 or could they possibly even keep him longer??? serious answers please. Thanks.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? Michigan

My son is 16 and he is in juvy hall right now, the courts are trying to charcge him with 3 felonies and 7 misdemeanors which he pleaded not guilty. He turns 17 in 8 months and in MI at age 17 you are considered an adult old enough to now go to jail. So could they just keep him for that 8 months and then release him when he turns 17 or could they possibly even keep him longer??? serious answers please. Thanks.
They will probably transfer him to the appropriate facility.

justwondering23

No he is being charged as a juvenile and here in michigan if you are charged as a juvenile then you stay in the juvenile facility or get released they cant transfer him to jail or anything on juvenile charges unless he was being tried as an adult and he's not. So i was wondering would they release when he turns 17 or keep him.

Just Blue

No he is being charged as a juvenile and here in michigan if you are charged as a juvenile then you stay in the juvenile facility or get released they cant transfer him to jail or anything on juvenile charges unless he was being tried as an adult and he's not. So i was wondering would they release when he turns 17 or keep him.
Ask his attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">