• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what do I do? need ADVICE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kittygirl

What is the name of your state? ny
I searched everywhere but couldnt get actual answers, a while ago i posted in a messasge board about my friend who is an performer, and his manager and how his manager was stealing money and just a few rants about him, and all of a sudden today he tracks me down and shows my finace ev erything i said, he printed everything up, i didnt deny it or anything but then he also showed my finace a bunch of post i made about our sex life, which had nothing to do with him or my performer friend.
he said if i didnt delete it he was gonna call his lawyer and have me pujt in jail
can he do that for Libel?
and can i do anything about the personal post of me and my finace? i feel totally embarrassed, i cant even look at anyone the same after that

JETX

he said if i didnt delete it he was gonna call his lawyer and have me pujt in jail
can he do that for Libel?
No. Defamation is a civil action, not criminal.

and can i do anything about the personal post of me and my finace?
No. You shouldn't have posted to your information on the internet.

quincy

kittygirl -

If you falsely posted that the manager was a thief, that is defamatory. While he cannot have you "put in jail", he can sue you for libel. Deleting the post will not prevent him from suing you, but it will serve to mitigate any damages should he decide to take you to court over it.

As for your postings about your sex life, all you can do is delete your own postings. NOTHING posted on the Internet is private. If you don't want private information revealed, do not post private information.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">