• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hospital Bill

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammui

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a lab test done in the hospital and they submitted a claim to my insurance but with an incorrect claim code. My insurance won't pay for it. I requested the hospital 6 to 7 times to resubmit the claim with the correct code but nothing had happen. Now they forwarded my account to a collection agency. The collection agency told me that after 45 days if I don't pay they will put my name on the credit report.

Questions:
1) I still can't get the hospital to resubmit the claim and they won't talk to me. They keep referring me to the collection agency. What can I do to get them resubmit the claim?

2) Can they put my name on a credit report after 7 months?

marybo

What is the name of your state? CA

I have a lab test done in the hospital and they submitted a claim to my insurance but with an incorrect claim code. My insurance won't pay for it. I requested the hospital 6 to 7 times to resubmit the claim with the correct code but nothing had happen. Now they forwarded my account to a collection agency. The collection agency told me that after 45 days if I don't pay they will put my name on the credit report.

Questions:
1) I still can't get the hospital to resubmit the claim and they won't talk to me. They keep referring me to the collection agency. What can I do to get them resubmit the claim?

2) Can they put my name on a credit report after 7 months?

I am not a lawyer, but I work in a hospital. You can try calling the hospital's patient advocate office and plea your case. If you get nowhere write a letter to the CEO telling him you will go public with their ineffecient billing practices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">