• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where should I hire an attorney-TX,CO or MI?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

startech39

What is the name of your state? Texas....I hired a friend from MI and he came to work in Tx. We discussed him becoming a partner in the beginning, but never finalized it. Never anything verbal or in writing. He went back to MI to hire some of his friends as sub-contractors and they turned out to be worthless. He also almost cost me my best client due to sexual harassment and could not perform his job duties as he boasted. I fired them all and they went back to MI. Now he has hired an attorney and is trying to sue me for 50% of my companies value(which is in the red). After going out of business, I moved to CO to start over. The company was a C Corp and is now defunct and I am doing everything possible to avoid personal bankruptcy. He is going after the Corp and me individually. He is suing me in MI, but I have never done business in MI. What kind of attorney should I find, and in which state? Thank you for your help.

Last edited:

startech39

I have now discovered that he embezzled about 8K. I now want to counter sue and follow up with criminal charges if the civil court agrees with my findings. He has filed suit in Michigan, but I would rather have the Venue changed to Texas. Should I be concerned about hiring an attorney in Mich. just to get the venue changed? Thanks again for your input**************....

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">