• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internal Affairs investigation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Connecticut
I was in an auto accident in September of 06. The other driver was trashed, fishtailed, cut me off, finally slammed into the guardrails on both side of 91 (a major highway) and her car burned to the ground.
She got out yelling, "I FELL ASLEEP, I FELL ASLEEP", she apologized as she had a meltdown. I had to yank my wheel to avoid her and the debris from her falling apart car did damage to my vehicle. I CALLED 911....
So, the Trooper arrives, I tell him what happened, he writes doem my name and plate, DOB adn then speaks to two other witnesses that said they heard her saying she was going to lie to the Trooper that another car hit the back end of her and fled from the scene.
They told the trooper this. WE ALL SMELLED THE BOOZE.
The Trooper told me to leave and he would call me as the car windows, to her car, were exploding and I was too close. He never called.
When I woke up the next day, I could not move. I ended up having a double cervical fusion and a titanium plate in my neck as my 2 disc were jammed into my throat, impairing my swallowing. It was a 5 1/2 hour surgery. I was never written into the report, just added ontot he back page where it said, "firetrucks dispatched". Just my name, phone number and DOB were written in. Finally after being a "squeaky wheel", I was finally added as a "non-contact vehicle".
Internal Affairs did an 8 month investigation, SUSTAINED MY COMPLAINT and the STATE OF CT., PUBLIC SAFETY sent me an apology letter. 5 different reports have been written, all different. The girl told me and the IA Leiutenant, that the Trooper text messaged her 3 days AFTER the accident and asked her out on a DATE!!!
So, can I sue the TROOPER? The apolgy letter clearly states he "VIOLATED POLICE POLICY" and he was going to a LAUDERMILL hearing.
Thanks in advance~ My life is anything but boring.....:rolleyes:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">