• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disturbance-Loud Party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JeremyE86

What is the name of your state? TX

Last night at my apartment complex there were 2 parties going on within a small courtyard. One of the parties was mine which had about 30-40 people at it with minimal music sound. The other party had about the same amount of people. There is a courtesy officer that lives within earshot in the same courtyard. She showed up at the party in street clothes and her police jacket along with 2 uniformed police officers. They asked for the hosts of the party which were me and my 2 roommates. She immediately started screaming at us telling us to get the people out of the apartment and tell them to leave. She wrote us a citation for disturbance all while lambasting us like we had performed a criminal action. They then went to the other party to issue another disturbance ticket. My neighbor, who attended the party, came over to talk to us about the ticket. The police saw him come over and then after finishing writing the other ticket came over to talk to him. The police officers then wrote them a disturbance ticket as well. They didn't even have music or partying going on at their place.We are trying to get the three tickets down to at least one and then split the costs amongst the 3 apartments. I have a few questions regarding this situation:

Can she be the complaining resident and issuing officer without problem?

What are our chances of getting out of the ticket if we plead not guilty?

Is there any sort of valid case against my neighbor even though he was just an attendee to our party?

Do we have a case for her being completely emotionally unstable at the time of issuance?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">