• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Hiring Problem - Contract Law

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Legalnewb

What is the name of your state? Florida

My concern deals with contract and employment law. I worked with a hiring service to garner employment opportunities. I had 10 interviews and 8 of the companies invited me for site visits and follow-up interviews. My top choice was with a consulting firm with which I performed a follow-up telecon interview. The consulting firm indicated that they would be extending an offer to the hiring service. I indicated that I would most likly accept the offer, but had to review the terms. The hiring service prematurley terminated my remaining employment opportunities without my consent. The consulting firm was unable to extend an offer due to a delay on the 2 contracts they are working. The hiring service told me that I would have to re-interview in order to to have any new employment opportunities. I re-engaged with the consulting firm and offered to work a hiring solution outside of the hiring service. I want to know if there are any legally binding contracts between myself and the hiring service. Can they file a lawsuit against me for seeking employment with the consulting firm? Also, do I have a contersuit against the hiring service for breach of contract, hiring fraud, and/or misrepresentation for prematurely terminating my employment opportunities? As a note, I never signed a contract with the hiring service and their services are free of charge to recruits.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">