• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Order of Protection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tornado88

What is the name of your state? Illinois

My husband and I are headed into court on Wed for a hearing to get an OOP against my ex-husband. He has caused numerous disruptions (filiing false police reports against my new husband, being verbally abusive, causing scenes outside our home while p/u & d/o the children to name of few) for us over the last four years. The last straw was when he filed an intenional false report of child abuse against my husband. Ex stated that my husband hit one of our children. He then made the child lie to three different police stations and to DCFS. In the end, the allegations of abuse were deemed unfounded. The judge in the case stated in her report it was obvious the ex filed the charges knowing full well it was all a lie.

My question is this, what will happen at this hearing? We are asking for a psychological evaluation of my ex. He uses our daughters as pawns over and over. We are also asking for him to pay all attorney fees associated with my husbands defense of the DCFS charges. What are the chances of that being granted? Mostly we want the girls to be protected. We are hoping for supervised visitations for a while. The ex has said several times that he will take the girls and run.

I know you have no real idea what the judge will do, you can't read minds, just wanting to know what to expect. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">