• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

visitation when there is a restraining order in effect

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

cdhawk

I have a restraining order to keep my ex away from me. He has been making it impossible for visitation to happen because he is abusive to anyone who tries dropping our 5yr old off to him for visits. The drop offs and pick ups are always at the police station and still it is hard for me to find anyone who wants to deal with him. I can't and won't drop her off myself because of the res.order and I don't want to deal with his abusive behavior. We had a third party person who was agreed to by both of us(ex and I) but it did not last long and the police where called and dealt with everytime there was visitation. My boyfriend now tried to drop her off but my ex would call the police and have my boyfriend pulled over using the excuse he was driving crazy - the police followed him over 6 blocks before pulling him over. Just to tell my boyfriend he was driving fine. Many times we have been in the police station because my ex would tell the police that my boyfriend called him a name (dick or loser)
Sounds all very inmature right? Well my ex is 42yrs. I spent 11yrs with him and he was hosp. for mental health and should be taking meds. I know I need to get custody changed but have no money for a lawyer.
My daughter is hearing impaired and mute - I am always taking off work for doctor appts. So finding a job that understands is tough. My daughter has other disabilities also and my ex called and threaten her eye doctor the night before her very much needed surgery. The doctor refused to do the surgery. The list goes on.
I have talked to the police to let them know my ex should find someone to pick up and drop off at visitation so I can be there myself but my ex refuses to find anyone he knows. My ex doesn't want to bother anyone he knows with this. What should I do - I'm the one that is being abused yet I should be the one to find away for this person who has and continues to be abusive, have visitation with his daughter. Why? Give me some options, Please.

[Edited by cdhawk on 01-31-2001 at 11:18 AM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">