• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Executer of Estate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Sarah23

What is the name of your state? MA
I live in Massachusetts, my father lived & died in Massachusetts. I believe my older sister is "executer of estate"? She is the one who will carry out our fathers wishes / will. We are not and haven't been on speaking terms for years and that is not going to change.

My question is how do I find out if my father had a lawyer and if he did who that lawyer is?
I know I am in his will, but I don't know any details. He owns a house free and clear, I don't know if he wants us to sell the house or not. I know nothing.

What responsibility does my sister have to make sure I get what my father left me? And how do I find out what was in his will?

Thank you,
Sarah

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">