• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

15 Year Old Simple Assault

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

iowakid411

What is the name of your state? Iowa

Me and a couple of my buddies go to the mall on friday nights to relax and have a good time, however a couple of weeks ago, we started talking to a kid who owned a kiosk (17 years old), and he didnt speak very good english. So we started messing with him a bit (nothign to be considered assault, or harrasement) and then he kind of mis understood and punched my friend. So we told a security guard, and since there were 4 of us and one of him the securty guard just told us that we were to not talk to each other again. A couple of weeks later i was at the mall and went into a bathroom, there was noone else in it besides the kid who we were messing with. During the previous altercation my friend lost his coat, and so the asian who we got in an altercation with last time(we'll just call him Daniel) started talking about the coat, and we were having a civil conversation. So I went over to a urinal and started to ... and he charged at me as a sort of joke, i didnt think it was funny and seriously told him to stop messing around. So this time he said i could trust him, and he stood a distance away while i went back over to the urinal, this time he came after me again, and turned around while he was laughing and told him to cut it out and pushed him. and told him to stop. So i left the bathroom and got a fone call, and was pushing him away after he kept messing with me getting close to me like he was gonna hit me or something. Me and my friends all got together later and decided it was a good idea to talk to him. Then the same security guard as last time saw us. He was extrememly mad last time because he had witnesses that apprarently said we outnumbered Daniel. So this time he told us we were getting banned from the mall. As we walked up the security table Daniel started telling the Security Guard that we were threatening to fight him (however he has no witnesses of this, this never happened and were going off his word) so the police were called and then Daniel decided to change it up and brought back up the story of me pushing him in the bathroom. He failed to mention his little jokking attacks at me however. So we got kicked out of the mall for one year, and Daniel decided he was going to file a juvenile assault case against me for the push

My question is, what degree of assault is this considered (no scrapes bruisings, or harm)?

What do i tell a juvenile officer, should i tell him about the urinal incident, because i doubt they will believe me after we were all told to cut it out, however i did enter the bathroom and he was there, so there was no folowing?

What is the very worse that can happen in juvenile court?

If i am able to tell what happened and all charges will be dropped with this be something i have to tell the police if they ever ask if i was charged with anything?

We are seeing a lawyer also

What are the chances of this case being dropped, granted the 17 year old Daniel doesnt speak english well, and he also has very little money?

Any help greatly appreciated

iowakid411

Also...

I ama 4.0 student and a member of the Wrestling team, have had no other police problems, and havent ever had a dentention.
i also would like to know if this can posssilbly wind up on my record and what the chances are

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
YOu assaulted Daniel when you pushed him. You also outnumbered him when you were with your friends. Come back when you are charged.

The mall has a right to ban you and your friends for a year.

Silverplum

What is the name of your state? Iowa

Me and a couple of my buddies go to the mall on friday nights to relax and have a good time, however a couple of weeks ago, we started talking to a kid who owned a kiosk (17 years old), and he didnt speak very good english. So we started messing with him a bit (nothign to be considered assault, or harrasement) and then he kind of mis understood and punched my friend. So we told a security guard, and since there were 4 of us and one of him the securty guard just told us that we were to not talk to each other again. A couple of weeks later i was at the mall and went into a bathroom, there was noone else in it besides the kid who we were messing with. During the previous altercation my friend lost his coat, and so the asian who we got in an altercation with last time(we'll just call him Daniel) started talking about the coat, and we were having a civil conversation. So I went over to a urinal and started to ... and he charged at me as a sort of joke, i didnt think it was funny and seriously told him to stop messing around. So this time he said i could trust him, and he stood a distance away while i went back over to the urinal, this time he came after me again, and turned around while he was laughing and told him to cut it out and pushed him. and told him to stop. So i left the bathroom and got a fone call, and was pushing him away after he kept messing with me getting close to me like he was gonna hit me or something. Me and my friends all got together later and decided it was a good idea to talk to him. Then the same security guard as last time saw us. He was extrememly mad last time because he had witnesses that apprarently said we outnumbered Daniel. So this time he told us we were getting banned from the mall. As we walked up the security table Daniel started telling the Security Guard that we were threatening to fight him (however he has no witnesses of this, this never happened and were going off his word) so the police were called and then Daniel decided to change it up and brought back up the story of me pushing him in the bathroom. He failed to mention his little jokking attacks at me however. So we got kicked out of the mall for one year, and Daniel decided he was going to file a juvenile assault case against me for the push

My question is, what degree of assault is this considered (no scrapes bruisings, or harm)?

What do i tell a juvenile officer, should i tell him about the urinal incident, because i doubt they will believe me after we were all told to cut it out, however i did enter the bathroom and he was there, so there was no folowing?

What is the very worse that can happen in juvenile court?

If i am able to tell what happened and all charges will be dropped with this be something i have to tell the police if they ever ask if i was charged with anything?

We are seeing a lawyer also

What are the chances of this case being dropped, granted the 17 year old Daniel doesnt speak english well, and he also has very little money?

Any help greatly appreciated
HE doesn't NEED money to get JUSTICE.

And damn good thing it is, too. You're a piece of work, Mr. 4.0/Wrestler with NO Kindness or Common Sense.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">