• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

do I have a case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mungsprout

What is the name of your state? WA

I recently accepted employment at a company due to open in February (20th specifically). When I stated the days and hours I was available to work my boss said ok. I was verbally informed and also by email that if I was to leave the company before x time I would need to repay a particular training class. After completing all training my boss renigged on being ok with the hours/days I had told her and the company still is not open. Had I known my dates of availability were not ok with her I would not have accepted the position. Now she is saying I need to pay her back for the training ($750 so it would be small claims). But she never bothered to collect any paperwork from me so I never signed anything saying I'd need to pay back the training. Do I have a case? I feel she renigged on her part of the deal but wasnt sure if an email counted the same way as an employment agreement or if it mattered anyways since she was the one who renigged

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">