• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate nightmare

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LorReneg

texas

February 07 Judge appointed an administrator for the estate of my deceased mother. The Judge would have appointed me as the administrator if my step father would have released his rights to me. After the probate hearing I was able to obtain the warranty deed from him..

Here is my problem: At the probate hearing the Judge and the administrator of the estate told me that my moms home would be in the care of the administrator and the home would be safe and secure. The administrator told me that if I need to get some personal belongings out of the home to call him I have called several times but no return call. The administrator has failed to secure the home the home has been broken into all belongings have been stolen windows busted you can tell that people have been inside the home looking for money that may have been hidden. Used toilet tissue pilled up in all of the bathrooms outside A/C units stolen. I was told that a person was staying there and dealing drugs out of the home. I never caught anyone at the house but there was evidence that people were coming and going. I cant describe to you how bad the condition of the home is. One time my husband went out to the house and caught someone inside Of course my husband told him to leave. Next to the house people have been dumping garbage, the garbage pile is nearly as tall as the home. As I stated I have called the administrator of the estate several times and not once have I received a call back. I have gone to the office of the probate Judge but was denied to speak with him I was told that nothing could be done and that I need to speak with an attorney. recently I was informed that the taxes on the home have not been paid and may be going to tax sale. I don't know what to do I cant allow this to continue any longer. Why is this allowed to happen to a person that is deceased I'm not at peace with myself because this has happened. Can I have the administrator removed and held liable for the damages? I'm guessing that there is probably 30,000 dollars of damages if not more and that isn't including the clean up of the garbage dump. One more thing I should tell you, there is is a debit on my moms estate she had a home equity loan, I think that the lenders attorney is the administrator of the estate. The administrator told me at the hearing that the lender was ready to move forward with the probate so that the property could be foreclosed on Here it is a year later.

A few weeks before my mom past she told me about the home equity loan at that time 35,000 was owed she also told me that if I wanted to keep the home I would need to pay the note every month I told my step father that I would pay 15,000 on the note I gave him the money and he was to pay the mortgage company a few days after I paid to have my moms funeral service after the service I learned that he never paid the money on the note he disappeared had no way if getting in contact with him of course I wasn't able to get information about the loan without his consent . At one point I did have a probate attorney he really didn't do much other then tell me that I would need to pay the leander 58,000 to satisfy the note. I have been out so much money with the 15,000 and for my moms funeral expense I couldn't come up with it.
Is it possible that something can be done? Can I be appointed as administrator so that I can get the property in selling condition and satisfy the note and maybe be reimbursed for money that I have lost?

What a mess I'm in

Last edited:

tranquility

I have gone to the office of the probate Judge but was denied to speak with him I was told that nothing could be done and that I need to speak with an attorney.
Great advice. Follow it. I think you have some rights (If you're an heir.) in the matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">