• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion for Transcription (Civil)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Listless.Soul

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

I am attempting to file a motion for transcription in Monroe county and I am unsure of how to proceed with this motion. We require the transcripts of two civil hearings due to possible perjury and I can't figure out how to begin. This is in a civil (divorce) hearing and do I use the same captions of the divorce filings or do I amend it to not include the other party? We are trying to do so without raising any flags to the plaintiff.
Thanks
LS

Ronin

If the court hearings were transcribed by a court reporter that reporter most likely has the transcripts. If so you will need to find out from the judges coordinator who recorded those hearings, then contact the reporter directly, and then make arrangements to pay the reporter for this. Reporters earn a nice side income from this. You would not need to contact or notify the plaintiffs in this instance.

Whatever motions you file with the court will also have to be served on the plaintiffs. But there should be no reason for a motion unless you are arguuing for free transcripts due to indigence.

Even if the person did commit perjury, these cases are very very rarely prosecuted. People commit perjury all the time in divorce court.

crtrptr2

If it was a divorce master's hearing it's already transcribed. Contact the Court Administrator to see who the court reporter was that day.
If the proceedings were held in front of a judge, call the judge's secretary to find out who the court reporter was. (you will need to file a motion for transcript) Then contact the court reporter to get the amount of the transcript to be included in your motion for transcript. The judge's secretary can provide the court reporter's phone number. The captions are the same.
btw ... the judge has to approve transcription before it gets done, and ethically a court reporter has to give the other party an opportunity to purchase the transcript once it is done, if they didn't that would be like hiding something, remember, these proceedings are public
Hope this helps

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">