• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Co Administratorship On Older unattended wills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PLRonald

My Grandfather ppassed away in 1994 naming my Father as Executor. My Father never completed any duties as an Executor with the exception of offering the Will for Probate and getting the administration Papers to my knowledge. He has now passed and within his will he left myself and his friend as Co-Executors to my Fathers will. I want to be sole Administrator of my grandfathers will but the co-execucotr wants to do a co-administration of my grandfathers estate. I do not want co-administration with him I want to be the sole administrator. Is it possible and feasable to be the sole administrator of my grandfathers estate without doing a joint admininistration with my fathers friend who is co-executor with me on my fathers estate?

anteater

Your father's will and its nomination of personal representative for his estate has no bearing on your granfather's estate.

Your use of words indicates that you are not certain about the status of grandfather's estate. Sounds odd that the Surrogate Court would allow the estate to remain open this long. If you haven't, get down to the court and review the file.

The friend has no particular standing to petition the court to be named successor administrator of your grandfather's estate. Since you are a relative, the court would likely appoint you if you apply. The friend can object, but it is up to the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">