• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Default on Promisory Note

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tara

Last year, I purchased a 9-month promisory note by an investment company that is bonded by New England Surety.
The company did not pay the 9th month's interest. Further
upon maturity, the principal was not paid which was August of 2000. The company has made several verbal promises assuring me that they intend to pay back the principal. Their intent has changed several times. Currently, they started paying 1% of the principal on a monthly basis. They started paying in December, 2000. I have received only one small check & have received no check for the month of January. It seems that this one is another of their attempts to delay the process of paying the creditors. How do I go about recovering my money. What is the first step. A friend gave me advice that I need to file a judgment in the District Court since this is an unsecured note. My husband has cancer and I need the money right away. They have paid no attention to my hardship case. Since I have huge medical fees, where can I get free assistance on a step by step on what needs to be done to file a judgment to make the note secure so that I would have a chance of recovering my money. I live in Texas. Please help! Thank you very much.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">