• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will filedl

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annab56in99

How do I go about finding if there is a willed filed on a
person in the state of Georgia.

A

advisor10

(01-31-2001)

You must narrow down the focus of your search.

You need to know the name of the person who died, and the month and year they died, and the city/state where they died. (If you don't know this information, visit the website http://www.ancestry.com and get this information through the Social Security Death Index).

After you find out the city, then you should check at the county courthouse for that city to inquire if the will is on file. If you need help in getting that address and phone number for the county courthouse, send me an e-mail to the e-mail address shown below and I can get it for you.

If a will is on file, you can view the file at the courthouse or order copies to be mailed to you (if you live outside that county).

You forgot to mention the reason that you might be interested in finding the will.

SINCERELY,

[email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">