• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Funding trust - how to for real estate/house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lisadc01

What is the name of your state? VA

I created a revocable living trust for my husband and I and am transferring assets into the trust. Is there a way for me to do the transfer of the property by myself? I can purchase a quickclaim form - and I can record it.. Please help me understand why an attorney would be necessary.

Also- I was told by an attny at our title company that we needed to do a deed of gift (I thought it was a quickclaim that we needed)- is this correct? I thought there are tax consequences for a deed of gift.

curb1

Our attorney had us transfer the titles ourselves. Go down to the county courthouse to transfer property titles. Cars at DMV. Create a Schedule "A" in your trust that lists all "Standby Property" in the trust.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">