• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

subpoening evidence from different state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rebecca Delp

I was charged in Virginia on drug charges and one of the key witnesses against me was in a drug rehab several times within the year these charges stemmed from (1997). I need to know the way to go about subpoening evidence from the drug rehab in Tennessee to court in Virginia. I would very much appreciate any input on this matter.
Gary D.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Why would you want to do this?

If he is in for drugs -- subpoenaed records may only serve to show your charges are legitimate. Otherwise, if it is to prove there was no way he could have been there at that time and place because he was in rehab, you go to your local superior court and ask in the records department for the subpoena duces tecum form.

R

Rebecca Delp

lawrat

Reply to lawrat. The charges from 1997 were not brought against me until Dec.2000. The reason for supeonaing records from drug rehab are related to the creditabilty of a witness against me.Person had been in this rehab center several times in months prior to the conspracy charges. I feel these records would be pertant to creditabilty of witness. I would appreciate any advice you have to offer.Gary D.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">