• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

spousal rider dropped

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

teacher99

What is the name of your state? Texas

I have been paying on a spousal disability rider for the past three years. I was given notice that due to Texas regulations, the OK-based insurance company had to drop the rider. When I talked to the insurance co. rep, she said that when her co. offered the spousal rider in 2001, it had been approved by the Texas Board. In 2007, however, due to a change in Texas Board's regulations, the insurance co.'s ADL definitions did not meet Texas standards.

So what happens to the me, the consumer, in this case?

teacher99

I guess I was hoping that either

1- sold products would be 'grandfathered' in by the Texas Board

or

2- the insurance co. could rewrite the language of their ADL to accommodate consumers who had been paying into their product

I (naively) thought that insurance co could drop a consumer if the consumer wasn't paying on time or misrepresented information or some fraudulent action on their part. I didn't realize the consumer could be dropped due to circumstances not brought on by them.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">